Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Before and After- Learning Nook AKA our homeschool room

.






BEFORE
The BFC is on the wall. If you look closely you can spot one tote along the wall on the floor. There are three of these totes and they were used to hold the boys' daily lesson materials.






AFTER


10 Points if you noticed that the table is bigger! (It extends into a buffet, of sorts.)
I added two bookcases from our living room on either side of the table for personal storage of daily lesson materials.
I brought in a cork board to display our Greek alphabet and Mr. Gallon.





I moved my laptop into the room, as well as our printer. (I need to remember to do something with those unsightly wires.)
The basket on the floor (far right corner) is filled with our current reading and my current drool catalogs.
The tote at the end of the table is filled with art supplies.
(Oooh! I see an orb above the phone!)


From right to left: Our pet gerbil, Hammy now lives in the sunny nook. I'm sure he doesn't appreciate this one bit since he is nocturnal. However, it is the best way to ensure he is fed. :)
Remington put together a bug habitat in an old canning jar.
Our human anatomy model is now on display. This poor guy has been living in our closet for years.
Toilet paper... dunno why that's there. I didn't tidy before I took pics. :)
Plenty O' Pencils
misc. items
Our three sugar cube pyramids. (Craft courtesy of Story of the World.)
The plant is in this room for the same reason as Hammy.
Under the table, our overflowing trash can.
Last but not least, my coffee cup.


The top shelf of this bookcase is mine and the bottom is Remington's. Pretty much everything we need for our daily studies is right at our fingertips.


This top shelf is used by Richie. The bottom shelf is Devan's.
The boys have a three ring binder for each area of study.

3 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of all the space. The room looks awesome. I hope that you are enjoying my home state. I know that you were not looking forward to Glennville, but hopefully you will feel at peace there. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny thing, I'm really diggin' on Glennville! It's changed quite a bit since I lived here 12 years ago. (Changed for the better, IMO.)
    Drop me a line the next time you plan to come through. I would love to get together with ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I almost forgot to add. There really isn't that much space in this little area. It's originally a breakfast nook. On the far right wall (looking at the window) there is a door to the back porch. It's a tight little fit, but works perfectly.

    I think I need to paint the table and the other bench white. Hmmmm... maybe paint the chalkboard trim white too. While I'm at it, I could buy some white bookshelves to replace those. (They don't paint well- not real wood.) Sorry... at this point I'm kind of rambling.

    ReplyDelete