Saturday, March 28, 2009

Character penmanship quote March 30- April 3, 2009


“In dwelling, live close to the ground. In thinking, keep to the simple. In conflict, be fair and generous. In governing, don't try to control. In work, do what you enjoy. In family life, be completely present.”

~Tao Te Ching



I also found a nice quote by Confucius for myself.

"It is not possible for one to teach others who cannot teach his own family."

LOVE IT! I *will* remember that quote the next time I debate homeschooling. :) Seems to me it is an answer to the naysayer complaint (normally from teachers themselves) that they could never teach their own children.

2 comments:

  1. LOL That's the first thing I thought of when I read that quote. Geez, a lot of those teachers should stop saying that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quote! I can not wait to use it and my Aunt a PS teacher is coming this week. I think I will get the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete